from Zoo Tycoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*blackheartstar*
Level: 86

Position: Registered User
Kel: 2  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:19 am  Reply with quote

This thread makes me wonder if there is a way to convert civilization 3 graphics. Has anyone attempted this?

There editing comunity has a extremly large base of infantry artist that put there work up for public use. Im sure if we asked permission first we could convert infantry like this
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=192116

That is if its possable

*Edit* Looking through the units library there Ive found both the RA2 conscript and gi conversions. So Im thinking if its possable one way then it can be the other

*re-edit* Its possable!
View user's profile Find all posts by *blackheartstar* Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
Dracaveli
Level: 90

Kel: 14  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:54 am  Reply with quote

gawd civil 3.....i still play civilization :call to power Cool

IMHO the units from "civil:Call to p" would better suited for Red 2/Yuri...i was going to look for a way to do it after i advance further in my mod, i didnt even know a community existed for Civilization let alone a modding one, thanks for clearing this up
Rattuskid
Mostly Harmless
Level: 150

Position: Supermod
Kel: 380  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:39 am  Reply with quote

*blackheartstar* wrote (View Post):
This thread makes me wonder if there is a way to convert civilization 3 graphics. Has anyone attempted this?

Someone a long LONG time ago converted a hummer from civ 3 I thought. It looked okay, but did NOT fit into RA2.

*blackheartstar*
Level: 86

Kel: 2  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:11 am  Reply with quote

I ment for infantry as some of them would fit perfect.

I dont see why anyone would convert a vehicle as it would be .shp and not match to well with the other vehicles ingame. Unless you did EVERY vehicle that showed up in game that might actualy look ok... maybe but no aircraft Sad

The Civ3 infantry (and vehicles) are extremly easy to convert! You just need to dig up a copy of FLICster and use its export as individual .pcx files. You have to re number the frames by hand so it takes a minute. Hey I said it was easy not fast pased Razz

Dracaveli: Ive never played a civ game actually I just saw the box at the store looked at the back and thought some of the buildings looked like something Id like to see in Yuri. So I did a search for civ3 graphics and came up with that site. Instantly I had to find a way to convert.

Im intrested to see these call to power infantry Im going to look as soon as I finish this post Grin

I love all the Warhammer infantry they have. Both fantasy and 40,000. With the origenal civ3 artist permission it would not be hard to make a Yuri tottal conversion. That is if you can find somebody to wizard up some buildings for ya Smile
View user's profile Find all posts by *blackheartstar* Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
Oachi21
Level: 68

Kel: 1  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:31 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for share with us informative posting!

kitchen garbage cans
View user's profile Find all posts by Oachi21 Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number