Custom Infantry Models Based on Reality
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unit_135
Level: 72

Position: Registered User
Kel: 14  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 pm  Reply with quote

Hey there ! Made this account so I could comment on this.

First off: THANKS SO MUCH ! The Chinese infantry look fantastic (although its a real shame that the red guard has that strange tint, I wish that was fixed...) and your GLA troops compel me to replay the GLA single player campaign again !

However, your US infantry, for some reason, appear to be broken for me. The models work fine, and look great, but it seems you forgot to upload the texture for them. Included in the downloads are only the weapon textures. You forgot the soldier ones Sad

Please fix the red guard and upload the US infantry textures ! This is amazing !
jinkazama2k7
Level: 73

Kel: 18  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:59 pm  Reply with quote

unit_135 wrote (View Post):
Hey there ! Made this account so I could comment on this.

First off: THANKS SO MUCH ! The Chinese infantry look fantastic (although its a real shame that the red guard has that strange tint, I wish that was fixed...) and your GLA troops compel me to replay the GLA single player campaign again !

However, your US infantry, for some reason, appear to be broken for me. The models work fine, and look great, but it seems you forgot to upload the texture for them. Included in the downloads are only the weapon textures. You forgot the soldier ones Sad

Please fix the red guard and upload the US infantry textures ! This is amazing !

Hey thanks for the reminds, Anyway Im still fixing it, The Scale and The Stretchy mesh but you can try this one: http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/download.php?id=26346
View user's profile Find all posts by jinkazama2k7 Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
unit_135

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:39 pm  Reply with quote

Thank you, this ranger works. Although the missile defender still needs work (as in: his custom texture), and this model/texture is inferior to the one you previewed (which is okay, though, since both look great)

I cant wait for either of them !

If your.. taking suggestions about the units, I think that the Chinese tank-hunter could use a lighter uniform. Right now its so dark that you miss out on alot of the details that you put into the unit. Maybe more of a reddish light brown would be better ? Thats just my opinion though...

And the red guard issue is bugging me. Im going to look around and see if there isnt any way of fixing it.

In any case, good job and keep on going ! These are amazing !

Edit: Just checked, the American Pathfinder is also missing his texture. You included his gun and stuff, just now the soldier texture.
jinkazama2k7
Level: 73

Kel: 18  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:30 pm  Reply with quote

unit_135 wrote (View Post):
Thank you, this ranger works. Although the missile defender still needs work (as in: his custom texture), and this model/texture is inferior to the one you previewed (which is okay, though, since both look great)

I cant wait for either of them !

If your.. taking suggestions about the units, I think that the Chinese tank-hunter could use a lighter uniform. Right now its so dark that you miss out on alot of the details that you put into the unit. Maybe more of a reddish light brown would be better ? Thats just my opinion though...

And the red guard issue is bugging me. Im going to look around and see if there isnt any way of fixing it.

In any case, good job and keep on going ! These are amazing !

Edit: Just checked, the American Pathfinder is also missing his texture. You included his gun and stuff, just now the soldier texture.

Go to first page, Path Finder and USA Marine is now fixed with texture.. Thanks for checking my infantries :-)
View user's profile Find all posts by jinkazama2k7 Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
unit_135

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:23 am  Reply with quote

Just got to enjoy your wonderful US infantry finally in there full splendour !

And Can I just say, thank you so very much for doing this for us. The generals community is winding down now, but even still, its people like you who come out of nowhere and give us these great gifts that keep me coming back. Again, thank you !

*scurries off to re-play the generals and ZH campaigns with infantry that -GASP- dont look like they are from a cartoon !*

Edit: Though I did have to rename the old ranger texture (IE: the ranger you custom made, with the rifle, before you uploaded this fixed version) to replace the old vanilla US missile defender one (nitankhunter) So if anyone has trouble with that unit, thats what I suggest you do)
unit_135

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

Is there any news on this ?
DavidGeorge
Level: 65

Kel: 8  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Burton Reply with quote

Any news of this?
View user's profile Find all posts by DavidGeorge Send private message ICQ Number
menard
Level: 53

Kel: 1  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:08 am  Reply with quote

wOW this what im looking for nice mod but i want to learn modding too can anyone teach me to create infantry animation like running or walking.. Grin
View user's profile Find all posts by menard Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
DavidGeorge
Level: 65

Kel: 8  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:35 pm  Reply with quote

Can you please fix the download links, all of them are not working as of today Worried ....
View user's profile Find all posts by DavidGeorge Send private message ICQ Number